Who I am is the possibility....

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Injury

Sounds like I have what they call, "Tennis Calf." Thats when a partial tear occurs between a portion of the calf muscle and the tendon that connects that muscle to your knee. I have been partially immobile since Friday night. I will admit the pain has improved but i'm still limping and feeling significant discomfort in my knee at all times. I don't currently have insurance and there is a 6 month preexsisting condition clause on insurance offered at school. So I have done some research and i'll follow the advise. Basically rest, avoid weight bearing. If it doesnt start to improv in the next couple of days, I will talk to my dad about getting on his insurance so I can see a doctor. My biggest concern is it involved the knee I had surgery on a couple of years ago. So i'll take it easy and see how it goes. 4 complete days now and discomfort. Bummer. Great oppurtunity however to distinguish how I am going to "be" in the situation. For now I choose to be optimistic and smart. Smart in the context that I will follow the advise that has been given to me in regards to how to recover quicker :) From what I read takes about 3 weeks before you can fully engage in an exercise program. Which is a bummer, but I plan on attending the gym to work my upper body and abs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home