Who I am is the possibility....

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Authentic Self

On Dr. Phil, the person on is saying that his entire life his "white" mother and "white" family told him he had a skin disease and that is why he is black. I missed out how he became apart of this family, but i'm assuming he was adopted. I'm sure his parents were trying to protect him. He was growing up in time of persecution and a time when "blacks" were not accepted. One day kids started teasing him for his skin color and he realized that he didnt have a skin disease. He expressed that he felt like his entire identity was gone. That must really feel awful. Who knows, maybe it was freeing. Dr.Phil says he needs to find is authentic self. Who you are and what you stand for. Once you know that anything that does not mesh well with that then you disregard. I am finding my authentic self and thats a really great thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home