Who I am is the possibility....

Friday, February 24, 2006

Cookies

I love cookies.

Back in the day I wouldn't eat cookies. I didn't want to get "fat." Cookies for my enemy. I would eat 20 grapes and 20 peices of pinneapple for a treat. I remember looking at a cookie a couple of years ago and wanting it so badly I actually started crying. I would not eat the cookie. That was not part of the "rules."
Jodi told me to eat the cookie. "Eat the cookie, Kell, or you'll end up eating it anyway and eat more then you would have if you would have only ate one cookie."
"Hmm," I thought. "Eat the stupid cookie."
I just could not eat the cookie. My desire to be thin was stronger then my desire to eat one cookie.
'rules' about food don't manage my life anymore.
Now I buy cookie dough and keep it at the house. The toll house chocolate chip. The ones you can break apart and only make like 4 at a time if you want. Thats what I do, if I really want a cookie I'll bake like 2-4 and eat those. And Jodi was correct. It satisfies my desire for a cookie and I don't end up punishing myself in either direction.
Hot, fresh, gooey chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven, 2-4 at a time with a glass of milk.
The simple pleasure in my life.
I love Cookies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home